Governance and Structure
UnitingCare NSW.ACT reports to the UnitingCare Board within the NSW and ACT Synod of the Uniting Church. The Synod has entrusted the Board with responsibility for the oversight of all and governance of some of the Church’s community welfare services.
The UnitingCare NSW.ACT Board has three main roles:
Synod oversight and reporting on community welfare services
- Management and delivery of some community welfare services, and
- Social Justice Advocacy
Executive Director of UnitingCare NSW.ACT, Peter Worland, reports to the UnitingCare NSW.ACT Board. Peter has overall responsibility for UnitingCare NSW.ACT and its community services across New South Wales and ACT. He represents strong public voice on issues of injustice in society and will actively advocate on behalf of the service users of UnitingCare.
Peter's areas of responsibility include:
UnitingCare Corporate Office
- Social Justice
- Corporate Finance and Strategy
- Chaplaincy Coordination
- Medically Supervised Injecting Centre
- Community and Church Relations
- Missions and Congregational Community Services, including Parramatta Mission and Wesley Mission
UnitingCare Service Groups
Information on these services can be found under the What We Do menu at the top of this page.