Governance and Structure
UnitingCare NSW.ACT reports to the UnitingCare Board within the NSW and ACT Synod of the Uniting Church. The Synod has entrusted the Board with responsibility for the oversight of all and governance of some of the Church’s community welfare services.
The UnitingCare NSW.ACT Board has three main roles:
Synod oversight and reporting on community welfare services
- Management and delivery of some community welfare services, and
- Social Justice Advocacy
Interim Executive Director of UnitingCare NSW.ACT, Peter Worland, reports to the UnitingCare NSW.ACT Board. His areas of responsibility include:
UnitingCare Corporate Office
- Social Justice
- Corporate Finance and Strategy
- Chaplaincy Coordination
- Community and Church Relations
- Missions and Congregational Community Services, including Parramatta Mission and Wesley Mission
- Medically Supervised Injecting Centre
UnitingCare Service Groups
Information on these services can be found under the What We Do menu at the top of this page.